Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Parking lot shooting injures one in Winston-Salem
alert top story

Parking lot shooting injures one in Winston-Salem

  • 0

Winston-Salem police are investigating a shooting after a man showed up at a local hospital Thursday morning.

According to police, officers went to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center at 7:36 a.m. Thursday. They spoke to Michael Lemont Horne, 41, of Tredwell Drive, who had a gunshot wound to the hip.

Support Local Journalism

Your subscription makes our reporting possible.

Police said Horne and several other people were standing in a parking lot when someone fired a gun. A family member took Horne to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, where he was treated for non-life threatening injuries and released.

Winston-Salem police did not say where the shooting occurred. Police said the investigation is active and in its early stages.

Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Winston-Salem Police Department at 336-773-7700 or Crime Stoppers at 336-727-2800. You can also contact Crime Stoppers via Facebook at "Crime Stoppers of Winston-Salem Forsyth County."




Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

A prominent Wilkes County doctor is accused of trying to blackmail a nurse into having sex with him. According to a federal lawsuit, Dr. Jon Wesley Thompson told the nurse he had potentially damaging audio and video recordings of her that he would release if she did not agree to have sex with him for one hour, twice a month, for a year. The woman is seeking more than $525,000 in damages. 

The family of a woman shot to death by her then-87-year-old neighbor has settled a lawsuit for $575,000, with $100,000 of that going to the woman's grandson. The man, Hermon Lowell Aycoth, was charged with first-degree murder in the death of 54-year-old Karla Ragsdale Essick, but the charge was dismissed and he was involuntarily committed after a judge determined that he was mentally incompetent to stand trial. 

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.


Breaking News