CONCORD — Concord police said Sunday afternoon that one person was injured in a shooting outside the theaters at Concord Mills.
The police department tweeted around 4:30 p.m. that a suspect was in custody and officers were continuing to investigate.
Quickly following that tweet, Concord police said that one person was injured and being treated.
Authorities arrested Renzo Gabriel Carnevalini Medina, of Charlotte, in the shooting that occurred outside AMC theaters at Concord Mills mall.
The suspect and the victim got into an altercation in the mall parking lot, which resulted in gunshots being fired, police stated.
The suspect is in custody and the victim was sent to recover at a local hospital.
Medina was charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury and was booked into the Cabarrus County Jail under a $125,000.00 secured bond.
This isn't the first shooting at the mall.
One fatal shooting occurred in December 2019 when 13-year-old Aveanna Propst was killed and two others were injured as shots were fired in the mall's parking lot near Dave & Buster’s.
Last month, Propst's family filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the mall, Simon Property Group and others.